Tuesday, March 29, 2005

a comeback Part II

Have returned from Paris, having been on a nice jaunt with Mr C. We visited the Notre Dame, Louvre, Pompidou Centre, Eiffel Tower and for the rest, I can lend you the Rough Guide. I unfortunately caught a cold, having complied with Mr C's wishes to walk to the Eiffel Tower in pouring rain in unsuitable shoes (mine were, not his). We saw the Mona Lisa, which was ok in its way, but didn't seem to be as extraordinary as all the hype. I prefered the portraits made of fruit and flowers personally, although I've forgotten who painted them. Napoleon III's apartments were very magnificent, one could imagine little Leonie visiting with her Seigneur. Versailles was out this time though, perhaps in the future.

I finally visited a Sephora, which was definitely a highlight :) In fact, I went into three of them, I think. As my long-suffering mec puts it, I was like a kid in a candy shop. In fact I wanted to buy a candy floss scented perfume, but he vetoed.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't women have sensible walking shoes?

I have a photo to prove how happy musings was visiting the one of the many Sephora shops on her travels if anyone is interested.

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger Atia said...

Mr C, we will come to blows if you continue to cast aspersions on my butterfly shoes. I doubt ANY woman's shoes would stand a five hour walk through Paris (most of it in driving rain). All for the sake of 2 Euros metro fare...

 
At 12:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs C, it is unbecoming to have a public spat. The best way to appreciate a city is to meander through its streets.

 
At 1:15 am, Blogger mad as a cambridge bicycle said...

mr C! i am quite taken aback by your proverbial skill! why, i begin to think you are Almost worth my dear sister... it looks like a wodehousian education has done you proud.

wassalamu alaikum wr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home