Saturday, June 18, 2005

graveyard shift

Just when you thought my blogging days were Entirely Over, here I am again. I have just returned from my cushy hundred-quid-a-night job (don't worry it's all above board)..we're supposed to follow weary docs like shadows in the night (or 'spy on them' as they say). The first night I got about six or seven hours' sleep in two armchairs fashioned into a bed. The next night, fatigue was creeping up on me, and I retired to the mosque floor, with a pile of scarves serving as a pillow. Last night, I watched Gone with the Wind. Don't you just love Scarlett? She is such a vixen. One thing I did notice about the hospital, is that it is making me less vain, as there isn't a single mirror to be found in the place. Which is probably just as well, as me on night duty is not a pretty sight to behold in any case.

Wedding plans are forging ahead, we now have a mehndi venue, and hopefully a party venue too. I have a small gripe though. It seems many-a-folk are practising their pirouettes and arabesques and indian hands, but not, Not I say, for my party. No, it is all for Another. I hope Rosie and Fudge take note and ensure steps are taken to ensure my party is as much of a rip-roaring success as I'm sure the other one will be. (I have forgotten her blog name, therefore cannot refer to in person). Speaking of the party, I do believe Fudge has not given us the results of her poll. Or rather I haven't been able to find them on her voluminous site - pray do tell my dear. Also, soundtrack compilation is taking place, the Golden Oldies will be taking priority but please make your suggestions for old and new alike...

3 Comments:

At 11:41 am, Blogger Mariamazmi said...

Fresh as a Daisy had been insisting we do something for a while and then decieded to drag us around to her place, follow her suit.

We already have something great on the agenda though, Fugde singing Groove Armada's 'I see you baby'.
That should be a treat.

 
At 2:39 am, Blogger Tamanna said...

Thank Goodness! She finally blogs.

Well, and see how annoying it is to check you email and see no one has left a comment?

Such is the feeling I experienced at visiting your blog everyday, only to find the same old puzzle for me.

Anyhoo, don't worry about your mehndi, m'dear. The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft angly, as Burns says, and I'm sure with the amount of work that you're planning for your mehndi, something might go adrift if a dance was added.

These things are best left impromptu when there is such a high level of planning as your do has.

;)

 
At 7:48 pm, Blogger dazey said...

aa poppet
ah i thought i wud drop in despite being full aware tht u dont blog a fraction as much as u shud n wat do i find? bless me if she aint blogged! anyways, no worries me luv, we shall make ur party a blast iA. itll be all funfnu n we wont be able to move the next day:D. ws
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home